20 Geeky Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I know many couples will be scrambling for date ideas. Maybe an overpriced mediocre meal doesn’t seem super appealing to you. Or maybe the “typical” Valentine’s Day isn’t really your style, and you want something out of the box? If you need a hand planning the perfect date this year, look no further. Read on to find out my 20 Geeky Valentine’s Day Date Ideas!
20 Geeky Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
- Go to an aquarium, museum, or your local science center. Who doesn’t love fish, dino bones, or learning cool new stuff?
- Grab some takeout or order something and marathon a show or movies series. I’d recommend A Series of Unfortuate Events, or the Iron Man movies.
- Go hunt for some geocaches. Nothing is geekier than a real life treasure hunt!
- Grab dinner then go to an arcade. Because nothing says romance like earning a new high-score with your babe!
- Have a geeky themed night with special food & drinks & your fave shows / movies. May I suggest a Game of Thrones marathon with food from A Feast of Ice and Fire, the GoT official cookbook? Or A Harry Potter marathon with Butterbeer and Every Flavoured Beans?
- Go for a classic dinner and a movie. I’d go for Rogue One or Resident Evil The Final Chapter!
- Go to laser tag or mini golf, because competition is fun! In fact, you might just be surprised at what your partner is capable of 😉
- Have a board game night! Try out one of the many themed Monopoly boards, like the Nintendo, Fallout, or Marvel editions.
- Spend an evening at a planetarium! What could be better than taking a journey through the cosmos with your sweetheart?
- Geek out with some two-player games! Further that friendly couple rivalry with Mario Kart or Diablo III!
- Read together! Either a comic, graphic novel or an actual book are equally fun to read and act out!
- Take a geeky day trip. Most larger cities have haunted houses, movie sets or indie game studios where you can get up close and personal with your geeky passions!
- Go to an arcade bar or a board game cafe. Of course you have to be lucky enough to live in a city that offers these, but it’s a super fun experience!
- Spend some time redecorating & geeking up your house! If you need some inspiration then check out my post of my top nerdy decor items!
- Go to a comic book store! The hubby and I always have tons of fun browsing the aisles for comics and collectibles, and you might just find the perfect V Day gift while you’re at it!
- Check out nearby conventions or other geeky events! Unfortunately no cons line up with Valentine’s Day where I live, but you may get lucky!
- Plan a DnD campaign (or play one!). Get together with other nerdy couples and spend the 14th in a whole other world.
- Build something with Lego! You are truly never too old to have some fun playing with different sets, and I don’t care who says otherwise!
- Try out on some local craft beers or wines, or tour a brewery/winery! Many breweries also have restaurants attached so you can geek out on some new brews while enjoying a fantastic meal.
- Try out some archery, axe throwing, or shooting at a firing rage! Emulate your faveourite nerdy characters by showing off some lethal skills.
Hopefully these ideas will help you plan the perfect geeky Valentine’s Day, or at least get the creative juices flowing and help you figure out something fun & out of the box. If you enjoyed this post I’d really appreciate if you could leave me a comment or share!
Share some of your geeky date ideas in the comments below! 20 isn’t nearly enough. 🙂
*Full disclosure: All Amazon links are affiliate codes, meaning I get a small percentage if you purchase using those links. Profits go towards helping me run this blog!